Sunday, November 29, 2009

Dating My TV #8


See "Dating My TV #7".

It's been almost a month and I have not established a fondness for the "TV on Mobile" service. The main culprit is the instability of data streaming.


When I watch the TV at home, it is usual for me to expect TV commercials. No one likes to be cut off in the middle of an exciting movie but we have gotten used to that. The TV companies need revenue. They always do. The saving grace is that, the TV commercials are always brought in at logical breaks and thus minimizing the pain of disruption.

Unfortunately, I cannot say the same for the "TV on Mobile" service.


It would be a rare treat if the entire viewing experience is uninterrupted by the lost of connections. Usually, I can easily reconnect and I would be able to continue my less-than-flawless viewing 'enjoyment'.

The thing is, these interruptions could take place anytime. Missing out 30 to 60 seconds of the program may mean missing out a meaty chunk. Not to mention that sometimes, reconnection can be futile leaving me 'hanging' there.



For "TV on Mobile" to be accepted by the mass market, the streaming problem really must be nipped first.

See earlier "Dating My TV" posts
.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: