It's time to get back to work.
After all the merry-making during the festive season, the thought of going back to routine can be painful. It is time to face the hectic work schedule and school timetable again. Even if you are a homemaker, you are going back to your routine of seeing family members settling into their normal days.
Many people dread to leave their holidays behind and get back to reality. This is understandable. Even iPhone alarm failed to work on 1 Jan 2011 (just kidding).
If you are wondering how you can nurse your post-holiday blues, I have 20 ways for you to consider. I am sure some of these can help to reset you within the coming week.
- Give to those who are less fortunate. You can give money, toys or your time.
- Take a walk, reconnect with nature and take a new perspective.
- Treat yourself with not food but a spa treatment or a visit to the hair salon.
- Spend time with your pet and get a free therapeutic treatment.
- Listen to the music you enjoy or play your favorite instrument.
- Write in your journal and sort out your thoughts for the new year.
- Exercise. Get back your workout routine or start a new one.
- Go to a bookstore to browse and get some fresh ideas.
- Visit the museum and learn a thing or two from the past.
- Call a friend whom you did not get to meet during the holidays.
Here are another 10:
- Watch a funny movie.
- Clean up your room and make way for fresh air.
- Paint a picture by the beach or in the woods.
- Reduce, reuse and recycle. Be gentler to the Earth.
- Shoot some pictures and pay attention to stuff you may have overlooked.
- Be inspired by your own creation. Make a scrapbook or something.
- Have conversation with positive people and avoid sulky ones.
- Get the much needed rest after all the party-goings.
- Eat healthy meals. Your body deserve some good rest too.
Have a fantastic 2011!
"An optimist stays up until midnight to see the new year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves."~Bill Vaughan~