Thursday, September 4, 2008

Wall-E The Galang Guni 'Man'


I watched Wall-E today.

The first time I knew about this Pixar's lastest animated movie was from a trailer. I was fairly impressed with the character in the show which is a robot named Wall-E. The show premiered in Singapore on 28 Aug and topped the movie chart a week later.

Wall-E is actually a 'galang guni man', the futuristic and robotic version. His name stands for 'Waste Allocation Load Lifter Earth-Class' and his job is to collect knick-knacks on a filth-filled earth more than 1000 years from now.

There was no lack of humor in the show and I managed to laugh along. However, I too felt a sense of gloominess amidst the streams of laughter. The show is probably the idea by some 'greenies' who were sending those 'protect the mother earth' messages. It was somewhat disturbing seeing the human kind deteriorates into fat blobs only capable of ordering robots around them. They live in an artificial environment within a mothership, Axiom. Everything is taken care of and they are moved around on hovercraft-like chairs. As a result, they cannot even walk on their own feet.

It saddens me to imagine that there is no future on earth. Although I will not live to experience it but it is not a nice thought. OK, I may be taking it a bit too far. Afterall, it is only a G-rated movie aimed at giving everyone a good time. Yes, I did have a good time but It is still a satirical movie to me.

Sorry, Wall-E.

See Other Movies:
Kung Fu Panda
Mama Mia

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: