Saturday, July 18, 2009

An Interview With Vanilla


Voting for the Singapore BLOG Awards 2009 is still on-going...

Many of you have voted for Vanilla and some have done so repeatedly. I am very thankful for all the support you have given and I hope you will continue to enjoy reading this blog. Meanwhile, here is a recent interview by OMY.sg with Vanilla.

For those of you who are voting, do note that it will end on 31 July. I wish you good luck in winning either a Creative Vado (worth S$169) or a ST701 Portable External Hard Disk (250GB).

Sincerely,
Vanilla

Note: Want to vote but don't know how? Check out this earlier post.


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~


Tell us about yourself in 50 words.

“Vanilla” adj. ‘ plain, basic & original’. A blog with plain but nicely written articles, giving basic but often forgotten insights and of course, original, added with a dash of humor.

Being insightful is not about pushing information to my readers. It is about giving them the relevance and meaning of what I have to share. It is about revealing the value hidden behind each thought. It is about being objective to the facts I know, staying honest with myself and being sensitive to my readers’ perspective.

Being insightful is a humbling experience. It has to be.

How long have you been blogging and why did you start blogging?

I have been blogging since 2007 and in this blog since last year. Short answer: I blog to share my views. I like the fact that I can potentially reach out to the entire cyber population. Long answer: “It Feels Right To Write” ”http://whatsayyouvanilla.blogspot.com/2009/05/it-feels-right-to-write.html

How do you feel as one of the finalists in the second Singapore Blog Awards? What do you think is your chance of winning?

As a new blogger, I did not expect to be one the finalists. In this sense, I feel that I have already won.

Who do you think are the strongest bloggers in the category you are nominated for and why?

Honestly, I do not ‘follow’ any blog in the manner of a Twitter follower. Whenever I am interested in a topic, I would search for blogs with the relevant entries. I read their blogs with an open mind, constantly looking for something positive to harvest. Most of them do not leave me empty-handed.

Name some of the bloggers whom you look up to and why (need not be in the running for the Singapore Blog Awards, and can mention overseas bloggers too)?


There will be none in particular.

What would you like to say to your blog readers and those who voted and supported you?

I will continue to blog even if I am not the finalist/winner. However, the fact that you have voted and supported me, makes my writing even more fulfilling. Thank you.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Writing is an exploration.
You start from nothing and learn as you go."

~ E. L. Doctorow ~
(American Author)

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: