Monday, June 21, 2010

Tumblr - Connecting with You


Blogging is so yesterday, some say.

Whether you agree or not, the way we communicate via social networking changes everyday. In 2004, Facebook was launched and Twitter followed two years later. Unless you have been living under a rock, you would have known that they have since grown to become notable giants in the arena of social networking.


In 2007, Tumblr joined in the fun and just last year, Foursquare also took the dive. The popularity of these two newcomers is growing since then.

I am just naming a few players. I know I could go on talking about many more such as MySpace (2003), LinkedIn (2003) and Bebo (2005) but I am sure you got my point. Besides, I do not know enough to discuss any deeper than this.


I guess the advent of newer social networking services makes traditional blogging a thing of the past. Do note that I use the word traditional which 'traditionally' means the ways things are done since a long time ago. However, in the context of technology, it often refers to something which took place quite recently.

In some way, blogging is passe. Increasingly, more users are going for mircoblogging, giving shorter and smaller contents. Twitter, which allows updates in 140 characters or less. is a good example of microblogging.


I am currently using Twitter (@VFlavor). You can follow me and get updates on the latest post from this blog. (See "Tweeting - One Year On" and "Let's Do The Tweet")

I have also just started using Tumblr where I share "my photos & my thoughts".


I do not blog too regularly (usually once a week) but each time I would do a long post. Certain thoughts and ideas are better said in more than just a few words. However, if you prefer a mix of long and short posts, you can follow my Tumblr site, where I share my photos and my brief thoughts more regularly.

At the end of the day, a thought is a thought. It can be conveyed through a long post, in a few lines or simply via a picture.

After all, there is no right or wrong way to say "Let's Look At It This Way".

You might also want to read:
Are You Into Social "Nutworking"?




"Communication is about being effective, not always about being proper."
~Bo Bennett~

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: