Sunday, March 18, 2012

Keep Dreaming, Babe!

'Stop Daydreaming' is not a good advice. [Pic]


I daydream a lot and I feel guilty at times.

I have my fair share of "Stop Dreaming" from concerned and irate teachers. I grew up thinking that, daydreaming is bad. 

The truth is, there is no need to be so apologetic about it. I come to realize that.

Here are my reasons why daydreaming is not necessarily a bad thing. You have my full permission to daydream as you run down the list:

8. You can't avoid it

Psychologists estimates that we daydream naturally and we do so up to half the time during our waking hours. You either let it ruin you or make good use of it.

Manage stress. Take a short 'vacation'. [Pic]
7. Relax and cope

Daydreaming helps you to cope with the harsh reality. Didn't you feel good taking that five-minute 'vacation' in your mind while you were studying for tests?

6. Up productivity

It sounds like an oxymoron but believe it, daydreaming can improve productivity. Take a short break and let your dull mind wander. See how a recharged mind can improve your mood. Go back to your chores and you will find yourself completing them within a shorter time.

5. Relieve boredom

Escape to a more exciting place when you are doing some boring routines such as driving through a traffic jam or chopping onions. The same can be done during some unproductive meetings.

Get fresh ideas with free-flowing minds. [Pic]

4. Get new ideas

You can achieve anything in your dream, I mean, daydream. Let your mind bring you to the level you hope to attain and see new ideas emerging as you weave through your dreams.

3. Do it again, this time correctly

We make mistakes. Instead of brooding over it and feeling sorry, try daydreaming. Bring your mind back to the scene and see how you could have done it differently.

2. Be totally yourself

We live a rather measured life in the real world. We control what we say and do. When you daydream, you are totally free to be who you would like to be. Amaze yourself with some of the hidden talents you might have. 

1. Find 'eureka moments'

Sometimes you need a breakthrough and need to see things from a totally new perspective. Your wandering mind might just be your ride to the answer.

For creativity, your mind needs to wander. [Pic]
Daydreaming is not for all situations. I hope you know that. All I am saying here is that they are not entirely bad. Before I wrote this article, I had my moments of daydreaming, just to think of what to write.

The next time you daydream, write down your ideas before they dissipate into thin air. You will never know, something big may be coming your way.

Keep dreaming!

Similar article


"You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, 'Why not?'" (George Bernard Shaw)

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Quotes Life said...

The article is well written. This blog is a unique on due to the kind of information it is carrying. I would like to thanks the writer.